Online Teaching & Learning Resources
The ORC is committed to helping K-12 educators and their learners. Since folks are already using this page for support, the ORC will be sharing resources to facilitate online/remote K-12 learning. If you have lesson plans, activities, recommendations of open educational resources, or other tools that aid in online learning or teaching please contact the ORC Coordinator to submit them.
Under construction: want to submit lesson plans to be shared under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license? Email the ORC Coordinator!
- Preschool-5th Grade Packs from Have Fun Teaching: Each download includes worksheets, activities, songs, and videos for all subjects
- 150+ Enrichment Activities for Children While Parents are Working Remotely: A spreadsheet with tons of activities for children that you can sort by age, degree of supervision and more.
- 75+ Entertaining and Educational Activities for When You’re Stuck Indoors: If you’re stuck indoors for whatever reason, try these educational activities to crack boredom.
- MysteryQuests for The Franklin Mystery: Life & Death in the Arctic: Critical thinking disguised as a mystery- also has teachers notes.
Tools for Virtual Learning/teaching
Want to submit a tool to be listed? Email the ORC Coordinator(see the button at the bottom of this page)
- Teacher's Guide: Digital Humanities and Online Education: The National Endowment for the Humanities has compiled a collection of digital resources for K-12 and higher education instructors who teach in an online setting. The resources included in this Teacher's Guide range from videos and podcasts to digitized primary sources and interactive activities and games that have received funding from the NEH, as well as resources for online instruction.
- Creativity Matters- Free Resources from Authors and Illustrators While You are at Home!: We know parents and teachers are working with their kids at home for the next few weeks, so we wanted to compile some great resources we've seen shared by famous authors and illustrators.
- Learn Remotely: Tips and tools for educators
- Online Learning Research Centre: Tips and tools for both educators and learners
- List of Free tools on offer due to school closures
Virtual Tours/Field Trips
- Education companies offering free subscriptions due to school closings: A list of the various companies offering free access due to school closures
- Read Aloud: an entire YouTube channel with authors reading aloud and sharing other educational videos for your use at home.
- More Read Alouds: a collection of copyright-friendly read-alouds
Twig Education INDEPENDENT Study Packets & French Film List
This document lists the topics that have French films- to find them go to Twig and search for the topic. When you open the video should be an option to change language. You can also check this page to see which films are English only or also have French: https://www.twig-world.com/language-view/ Please note we only added the French language bundle.